Why See a Hand Therapist
A hand therapist is an occupational therapist or physical therapist who, through advanced study and experience, specializes in treating individuals with conditions affecting the hands and upper extremity.
A qualified hand therapist can evaluate and treat any problem related to the upper extremity. The hand therapist can effectively treat and rehabilitate the patient through post-operative rehabilitation, preventative, non-operative or conservative treatment or industry consultation. The therapist works closely with the physician and patient to provide a continuum of care. This often starts within days of the injury or surgery right through the patient’s return to work and/or a productive lifestyle.
A hand specialist may also have advanced certification as a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
A hand therapy specialist provides:
- Accurate assessments, immediate care and effective treatment to reduce treatment time
- A continuum of care eliminating the need for multiple medical providers
- Faster recovery results in decreased medical costs
- Functional outcomes ensuring a faster return to work and productive lifestyle
- The most comprehensive care for their patients
Please complete the following paperwork and bring with you to your initial evaluation: